Real Women’s Stories - 2020 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- 12-15 page draft for editing down to 10-12 pages
- 12 pt font, double spaced, 1” margins
- Choose singular event, moment, or turning point experience when you felt yourself change, something that affected you so deeply that you knew you would never be the same. Build arc around that - before, during, after/since.
- Themes are survival, overcoming adversity, unique/special achievement, rising, winning, giving back, being inspired, inspiring others. Hope.
- Avoid common temptation toward attempting an autobiography in 15 pages. It doesn’t work. Short story format, must focus on singular tale and then tell everything about it.
- You do not need to be a writer to participate. Literary experience not required. We will take care of most (if any) issues in editing.
- Enthusiasm to share and promote the crowdfunding link for the book is essential to participation.
- Each submission must include:
- Mailing address, phone #, email
- Favorite flower
- Favorite quote
Submissions due Nov 15, 2018. Decisions made by March 30, 2019. Everyone notified by May 1, 2019
We would love to hear from you! Feel free to send any questions, comments, or suggestions to email@example.com.
If you’d like to be considered for a future Real Women’s Stories collection, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with RWS SUBMISSION in the subject line.
If you’d like to volunteer and get involved with 4 Real Women International, send an email to email@example.com.
If you’d like one of the RWS authors to be a Skype guest for your book club, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all reviews! Please share your thoughts about the book on Amazon, Goodreads, and any other favorite book networks. All are welcome to join us on social media (see buttons at the top of your screen).
Thank you for reading, and please remember to tell a friend about Real Women’s Stories.
Author Connections, LLC is devoted to editing and marketing excellent books for discerning readers.
4 Real Women International, Inc. is a nonprofit, award-winning, 501(C)3 charity run by women for women. The ultimate goal of the organization is to challenge ourselves to take full ownership of the countless possibilities that lie within us.